TP-Link is one of the best networking hardware providers to the users. They provide some of the best and most reliable routers and accessories to the users. Their routers can be configured with the help of the advanced features to better setup and configure the user’s network. The user can gain access to the advanced features of the router by logging in to the router. The login process is very simple and only takes a couple of minutes of the user’s time. The user can simply go to www.tplinkwifi.net and enter the default information regarding the router whenever prompted. The user will then be taken straightaway to the login page of the router. The default username and password is “admin” for most of the TP-Link routers.
There are a lot of benefits to logging in to the TP-Link routers. The user will gain access to the advanced features of the router only after logging in to the router. Some of the advanced features are:
- The Parental Controls
- The Guest Network
- The Network Speed Test
- The Media Prioritization
- The Network Map
The user can also change the username and password for the router. This way, the user’s network will be kept secure and no one can access their network without their permission. The user can also update the firmware of the router. The firmware is the software which runs the hardware of the router. The firmware must be updated so that the security on the router is kept up to date and in check. All the sensitive data of the user flows through the router such as the private information of the user, their emails and passwords, the banking information of the user when they buy something online and more. The new firmware might also add some new features to the router and provide overall speed boosts.
Here, we will show you the setup and login process to the TP-Link routers using the Quick Setup:
- Connect the desktop computer to the TP-Link router using an Ethernet cable.
- Open an internet browser and type www.tplinkwifi.net in the address bar. Press enter.
- The login page will display. Enter the default information when prompted.
- The default username and password are “admin” for most of the TP-Link routers. The username and password are case sensitive.
TP-Link routers are required by the user to initially login to the routers after the setup has been completed. There is a huge array of advanced features that TP-Link routers provide the user with the help of which the users can configure and personalize their network that is most suitable to their needs. The login process is very simple and it only takes a couple of minutes of the user’s time. The user can simply open any internet browser and type www.tplinkwifi.net in the address bar to access the router’s admin login page. There, the user will be prompted to enter the default information regarding their router. The username and password are case sensitive.
Once the user has successfully logged into their router, the user will be able to access the web based interface for the router. There, the user can further configure their network using the advanced features of the router and the default configuration settings. The user can configure control, customize, monitor and even repair their network themselves. Here are some of the advanced features of TP-Link routers:
- Parental Controls – This feature allows the user to restrict access to any unwanted or malicious websites or block any age inappropriate content on the user’s network. This way, the user will be able to keep their network secure from any dangerous content. The user can also limit the access of internet usage on any specific device for a limited period of time.
- Network Map – This feature allows the user to check for the exact number of devices that are connected to the user’s network.
- Guest Network – With the help of this feature, the user can create alternate guest networks other than their main networks. This way, if there are any guests visiting the user’s place and wish to use their internet, the user can simply create a guest network for a limited period of time. The guest can simply connect to this network and gain access to the user’s internet without gaining access to the user’s main network and its shared contents.
Here, we will help the users understand their router better by providing the troubleshooting steps to update the firmware of the TP-Link routers.
Here are the troubleshooting steps to update the firmware of the TP-Link routers:
- Download the latest firmware for your TP Link router from the TP Link support website. Make sure the model number of your router is correct.
- Save the downloaded file to your desired location on your computer.
- Now, open up an internet browser and type www.tplinkwifi.net in the address bar. Press enter.
- You will be asked to type in the default username and password. The default username and password is “admin” for both cases. The username and password are case sensitive.
- Once you have logged in, the Quick Setup guide will display. Click System Tools.
- You will see the Firmware option on the justify side. Click Browse.
- Locate the previously downloaded file from your computer and click OK. Click the Upgrade button to start the firmware upgrade process. It will take only a couple of minutes for the router to upgrade the firmware. After the firmware upgrade has finished, the router will reboot itself. Wait for the router to finish rebooting itself. Do not unplug the router or interrupt the reboot process.
Now, the firmware of the TP-Link router will have been updated successfully. From here, the user can start using their router as they desire.
Some important things to consider while updating the firmware of the TP-Link router:
- Do not unplug the router from its power source during the firmware update as it can damage the router’s firmware and might even render the router useless.
- Do not download the TP-Link router’s firmware from any third party websites.